I'm sure by now this has already been answered, but just in case it hasn't been,
you've got an extra
')' at the end of this line:

I hate to post this again but I have looked in a couple of php and mysql
books but cannot seem to figure this one out.  I am getting a parse error
when trying to use php to delete records from a table.  The error I am
recieving is as follows....

Parse error: parse error in /path/to/php/done2.php3 on line 22

Here is the file that is giving me the error, any help would be great... I
think that my problem is that I left out a variable to hold the $cars data
but I am not sure.  Here is the code...

$db_name = "test";
$table_name = "inventory";
$connection = @mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "password") or die
not connect to database.  Please try again later.");
$db = @mysql_select_db("$db_name",$connection) or die ("Could not select
database table. Please try again later.");
$sql = "DELETE FROM $table_name WHERE $cars =
$result = @mysql_query($sql, $connection) or die ("Could not execute

Any insight would be great... thanks again.