Pretty easy really

  SELECT * FROM foo WHERE bar is NULL

- DON'T use quotes "NULL" is a valid string it is not the same as NULL
- Some DBMS's allow you to say bar = NULL but technically this is wrong
because NULL is undefined and cannot be equal to anything not even another
NULL.
- Also "" is not NULL - be sure you blank fields are NULL and not ""
- A clever way to search for both "" and  NULL in the same query is:

  SELECT * FROM foo WHERE NOT bar > ""

This may not work in all DBMS's but give it a try; OR would work too.

Good Luck,
Frank

--
Frank Flynn