Can you accomplish this without having the user logged in?  I am unconcerned
with whether or not the user has logged in, I simply need the user to not be
able to bypass a page with a form to go directly to the end page which will
connect and store the form contents into a db.
Thanks in advance,
"Lerp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> Hi there :) I use session variables to do this, once the user has logged
> and you know they are who they say they are, set a session variable using
> session_register("isloggedin");
> $isloggedin = "yes";
> And at the top of every page you want protected simply do a check to see
> it is set or not. Below code checks to see if that var is set and if not
> redirects them to another page.
> <?php session_start(); ?>
> <?php
> if (!isset($HTTP_SESSION_VARS["islogged"])){
> header("Location:index.php");
> }
> ?>
> Hope this helps, Joe :)
> "Jas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > I am wondering if there is a good tutorial on how to use php to make
> > come from a page before they can access another.  For instance, say you
> have
> > one page called index.php which contains a form that once filled in
> > a confirmation page to verify the users data was entered correctly then
> from
> > there links to a page that stores the users data into a database table.
> The
> > problem I would like to alleviate is to make sure the users cannot just
> type
> > in the name of the last page in the url and put a blank entry into the
> > database.  I have read a few tutorials on using sessions but I am
> on
> > how the use of sessions would require the user to visit each page in
> > succession.  Thanks in advance,
> > Jas

PHP Database Mailing List (
To unsubscribe, visit: