I have an admin site where users can upload files. Information about the
file like file name and song name are stored in a Mysql db.
Here's a snippet of code:

       //add the MP3 meta data to the database

      if(// if no errors inserting the meta data into mysql){

        if(//errors copying up the file){

          //delete the database entry

The problem is this:
If there are errors uploading the file, I can see in my debug output that
the SQL call to delete the MP3 meta data executed, but yet when i check the
db using mysql connect, the record still exists in the db.  I have to
manually delete it for the record to disappear.  What's going on?