#1. You may want to double-check the path where you're calling it from in
case you're working with subdirectories.

Let's saying you access a page at www.domain.com/page.php which calls
www.domain.com/includes/header.inc.
Then, header.inc includes the dblib.inc file at
www.domain.com/includes/dblib.inc. However, the include's base directory
will still be in page.php - the directory won't change to includes, so for
header.inc to include dblib.inc, it has to say:
  include("includes/dblib.inc");
NOT
  include("dblib.inc");
Otherwise, it will be trying to include www.domain.com/dblib.inc because the
page that started the whole chain reaction of includes is located at
www.domain.com/page.php

#2. If you have error reporting turned off, and there is a parsing error in
your files, the page may just die without giving a reason. Try turning off
any error reporting and also access those include files like userlib.inc
directly in your web browser to see if PHP reports any errors. You may need
to change the extension to something like userlib.inc.php for the web server
to recognize the request correctly.

#3. Please give us a little more detail on the errors you're getting (any
specific messages would be nice).

- Jonathan