You need to realize that sessions works in that way the same as headers.
You can use session_start() when you have already outputted data.

Always use sessions (like headers) at top of page!!

"Killer Angel Clark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> You may try to put session_start(); at the most begining.
> But should you also add a session path first?
>
> "Ryan Snow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> gl
> >
> > when I do:
> >           session_start();
> >           session_register('signor');
> >           session_register('username');
> >

> > I get:
> >
> > Warning: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output
> > started at /var/www/html/index.php:3) in
> > /var/www/html/index.php on line 14
> >
> > Warning: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent
(output
> > started at /var/www/html/index.php:3) in
> > /var/www/html/index.php on line 14
> >
> > Anybody know why?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Ry

-------------------------------------
The information included in this message is personal and/or confidential and
intended exclusively for the addressees as stated. This message and/or the
accompanying documents may contain confidential information and should be
handled accordingly. If you are not the intended reader of this message, we
urgently request that you notify Centric immediately and that you delete
this e-mail and any copies of it from your system and destroy any printouts
immediately.
It is forbidden to distribute, reproduce, use or disclose the information in
this e-mail to third parties without obtaining prior permission from
Centric. We expressly point out that there are risks associated with the use
of e-mail. Centric and the companies within the group shall not accept any
liability whatsoever for damage resulting from the use of e-mail. Legally
binding obligations can only arise for Centric by means of a written
instrument, signed by an authorized representative of Centric.