One way you can do that is create a local variable and have that
variable referenced in your form in either a hidden field or a text
field.

EXAMPLE

$date = date("l F d, Y") (outputted that would be say Thursday April 4,
2002)

then your field would look something like this depending how you write
the PHP

<input type="hidden or text" name="date" value="<?php echo("$date");
?>">

Hope this helps you out