A little background information:

Running PHP on Apache server bundled with Oracle Portal on Redhat Linux 7.1.
Trying to access the Oracle database from the web using PHP and when I write
the connect statement, I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ocilogon() in
/home/students/uss/public_html/index.php on line 6

Here is my code:

$dbconnection = OCILogon("username", "password", "databasename");
$parsedsql = OCIParse($dbconnection, $sql)
 or die("Unable to Parse");
OCIExecute($parsedsql) or die("Unable to execute");

Can anyone help?? Is my code wrong?  Is the PHP server missing something?