Basically you need first to authorise the user. Check the username and
password against an entry in a user table in the database.

If you are using sessions set a variable that makes the session authorised,
you are not using sessions then you need some sort of session management. (I
have the code, contact me off list if you want it )

if(login ok) $authorised = 1;

At the beginning of any page you want protected

if(!$authorised) die ('you are not authorised to view this page etc etc');

will do the trick

regards

Peter
Excellence in internet and open source software
Sunmaia
www.sunmaia.net
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel. 0121-242-1473