Getting a search function running perplexed me, too, until I looked at the
MySQL docs. With the Full-Text Search function I got a search function
working in minutes.

Watch out for the weird bug that ignores duplicate rows, though. It can make
for zero returns in small databases for no logical reason. That drove me nuts
until I figured out why it was happening. (It's mentioned at the bottom of
the docs.)