Julio,

The way I see it checkboxes are just boolean graphical representations.
 Either a "yes" or "no" value if the box is checked or not,
respectively.  Hence, it would make sense for the field to be of type
"bool".  As far as storing goes, PHP sees a checked box of having a
value of "on" and an unchecked box of having a value of false (or
empty).  So what I typically do is have a function called is_checked()
that passes the form field.

function is_checked($form_field){
    global $HTTP_POST_VARS;
    if($HTTP_POST_VARS[$form_field[ == "on")
        return 1;
    else
        return 0;
}

In my SQL statement I pass the returned value directly

$strSQL = "INSERT INTO blah (is_foo) VALUES (" . is_checked('is_foo') . ")"

Hope this helps. :D

-Roj Niyogi
Founder
pgHoster