Dear all

Two Question :
1.
I know that the 'LOAD DATA' command loads a bulk of data into a table, but
what happen if i only want to load the data into specifc fields on a table
instead of whole table.

eg.
Let say i had a file with 3 column of data, and i want to load these data
into a 'ABC' table's field 3 to 5 and leave field 1 & 2 as it was!

2.
I copied a file into server's root directory, and i was trying to load that
file's data to table which i had failed using the following command in
MYSQL:
"LOAD DATA infile 'c:\hkd_rate.csv' into table hkd_deposit1 fields
terminated by ',' "
It said couldn't find the file!
but if i put the file into the data directory of mysql, then it can find it!
So what should i do if i want mysql will able to find that file from root
directory?

--
Thx a lot!
Jack