Morten Nielsen wrote:

>    $qid =db_query("
>    SELECT ID, NAME, ADDRESS
>    FROM users
>    WHERE ID=* AND NAME='John'
>    ");
>
> Is it somehow possible to have a wildcard, so it returns all records, where
> the name is john and the ID is not important?

    If you don't care about the ID, why include it?

    SELECT id, name, address FROM users where NAME='John'

    That will return all records whose NAME='John', regardless of anything
else.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
  Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   .   303.442.6410 x130