From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 6:41 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DB] tables/columns with spaces

Someone, in their infinite wisdom, named some, not all of course,  tables
and columns with spaces, i.e. BUSINESS AREA in a SQL server database that i
am working with.  You can run lots of queries that return fine, but when I
run a query such as "select * from REQ where BUSINESS AREA = '$var', i get
an error. Which, to me is completely understandable.  I have tried using
the [BUSINESS AREA] notation, which will work on tables named with spaces,
but not field names.
I want to simply rename, and make the others adapt their code to conform.
But i wanted to try to solve this first.
Any ideas...?

Thanks,
Jeff