<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- edited with XML Spy v4.3 U
(http://www.xmlspy.com) by toby (none) -->
<xs:schema
xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>
        <xs:element name="category">
                <xs:complexType>
                        <xs:sequence>
                                <xs:element name="cat-id" type="xs:long"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                                <xs:element name="parent-cat-id" type="xs:long"/>
                                <xs:element name="cat-name">
                                        <xs:simpleType>
                                                <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
                                                        <xs:maxLength value="50"/>
                                                </xs:restriction>
                                        </xs:simpleType>
                                </xs:element>
                        </xs:sequence>
                </xs:complexType>
        </xs:element>
        <xs:element name="cntry">
                <xs:complexType>
                        <xs:sequence>
                                <xs:element name="cntry-id" type="xs:long"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                                <xs:element name="cntry">
                                        <xs:simpleType>
                                                <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
                                                        <xs:maxLength value="50"/>
                                                </xs:restriction>
                                        </xs:simpleType>
                                </xs:element>
                        </xs:sequence>
                </xs:complexType>
        </xs:element>
        <xs:element name="content-info">
                <xs:complexType>
                        <xs:sequence>
                                <xs:element name="sr-no" type="xs:long"/>
                                <xs:element name="lang-id" type="xs:long"/>
                                <xs:element name="cat-id" type="xs:long"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                                <xs:element name="memb-id" type="xs:long"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                                <xs:element name="body">
                                        <xs:simpleType>
                                                <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
                                                        <xs:maxLength value="65534"/>
                                                </xs:restriction>
                                        </xs:simpleType>
                                </xs:element>
                                <xs:element name="date-time" type="xs:date"/>
                        </xs:sequence>
                </xs:complexType>
                <xs:keyref name="content_info_memb_id"
refer="user_info_memb_id">
                        <xs:selector xpath="."/>
                        <xs:field xpath="memb_id"/>
                </xs:keyref>
        </xs:element>
        <xs:element name="lang">
                <xs:complexType>
                        <xs:sequence>
                                <xs:element name="lang-id" type="xs:long"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                                <xs:element name="lang">
                                        <xs:simpleType>
                                                <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
                                                        <xs:maxLength value="50"/>
                                                </xs:restriction>
                                        </xs:simpleType>
                                </xs:element>
                        </xs:sequence>
                </xs:complexType>
        </xs:element>
        <xs:element name="user-info">
                <xs:complexType>
                        <xs:sequence>
                                <xs:element name="role" type="roleType"/>
                                <xs:element name="member">
                                        <xs:complexType>
                                                <xs:sequence>
                                                        <xs:element name="memb-id"
type="xs:long"/>
                                                        <xs:element name="email">
                                                                <xs:simpleType>

<xs:restriction base="xs:string">

<xs:maxLength value="30"/>

</xs:restriction>
                                                                </xs:simpleType>
                                                        </xs:element>
                                                        <xs:element name="name">
                                                                <xs:complexType>

<xs:simpleContent>

<xs:extension base="xs:string">

 <xs:attribute name="firstName"
type="xs:string" use="required"/>

 <xs:attribute name="middleName"
type="xs:string" use="optional"/>

 <xs:attribute name="lastName"
type="xs:string" use="required"/>

</xs:extension>

</xs:simpleContent>
                                                                </xs:complexType>
                                                        </xs:element>
                                                        <xs:element name="login">
                                                                <xs:complexType>

<xs:simpleContent>

<xs:extension base="xs:string">

 <xs:attribute name="password"
type="xs:string" use="required"/>

 <xs:attribute name="login" type="xs:string"
use="required"/>

</xs:extension>

</xs:simpleContent>
                                                                </xs:complexType>
                                                        </xs:element>
                                                        <xs:element
name="news-letter-subscription"
type="xs:boolean"/>
                                                        <xs:element name="lang-id"
type="xs:long"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                                                        <xs:element name="country">
                                                                <xs:simpleType>

<xs:restriction base="xs:string">

<xs:maxLength value="20"/>

</xs:restriction>
                                                                </xs:simpleType>
                                                        </xs:element>
                                                </xs:sequence>
                                        </xs:complexType>
                                </xs:element>
                        </xs:sequence>
                </xs:complexType>
                <xs:key name="user_info_memb_id">
                        <xs:selector xpath="."/>
                        <xs:field xpath="memb_id"/>
                </xs:key>
        </xs:element>
        <xs:element name="user-intf">
                <xs:complexType>
                        <xs:sequence>
                                <xs:element name="title">
                                        <xs:simpleType>
                                                <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
                                                        <xs:maxLength value="65534"/>
                                                </xs:restriction>
                                        </xs:simpleType>
                                </xs:element>
                                <xs:element name="lang-id" type="xs:long"/>
                        </xs:sequence>
                </xs:complexType>
        </xs:element>
        <xs:complexType name="roleType">
                <xs:sequence>
                        <xs:element name="memb" type="xs:boolean"/>
                        <xs:element name="modrtr" type="xs:boolean"/>
                </xs:sequence>
                <xs:attribute name="memb" type="xs:boolean"
use="optional"/>
                <xs:attribute name="modrtr" type="xs:boolean"
use="prohibited"/>
        </xs:complexType>
</xs:schema>

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

xml doc ....

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<user-info
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="F:\New Folder (2)\final
project\d bs\proj_db.xsd">
        <role>
                <memb/>
                <modrtr/>
        </role>
        <member>
                <memb-id/>
                <email/>
                <name firstName="" lastName=""/>
                <login password="" login=""/>
                <news-letter-subscription/>
                <lang-id/>
                <country/>
        </member>
</user-info>

i just cant get it validated ...
no matter what id do ..... :(

 another xml doc that i cant validate ....

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<content-info
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="F:\New Folder (2)\final
project\d bs\proj_db.xsd">
        <sr-no/>
        <lang-id/>
        <cat-id/>
        <memb-id/>
        <date-time/>
</content-info>

it gives me error for the date-time thingi ....

n ray .... THNX A MILLION BILLION .....

--- Ray Hunter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Toby,