the character set of the database is perhaps ascii7bit.
change it to ascii8bit or to your ISO characterset,
using "alter database" command. Ascii8 is the most flexible and
should be used if you want to support more than one language.
Could be found here:

Regards Michael

"Krzysztof Socki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I put the characters '󶼿' into the database with php script, and I
> find the following in my table: '1fj3qs6<?'. I am using Oracle 8.1.7, PHP
> 4.1.1, Apache 1.3.22. I have set NLS_LANG=Polish_Poland.EE8ISO8859P2 in my
> environment and SetEnv=Polish_Poland.EE8ISO8859P2 in httpd.conf. The
> database nls_characterset and nls_nchar_characterset are also
> Does anyone know what I do wrong?
> Krzysztof Socki

PHP Database Mailing List (
To unsubscribe, visit: