I want to run a query to fetch out a navigation menu on a site I am
working on.
I always have paranoia of destroying the db with ineffecient queries...
Now, as I understand it, sub-queries is a bad thing. They are very slow
in MySQL??

This menu I am making will be displayed on each page the user is looking
at, but the query won't be too big.
Only has to loop through 14 - 16 rows In one table sorted by 6 - 8 rows
in another table.

I have a mainmenu table.
------------------------------
ID
Title
Url
css
Number <-- order on page
Alignment
------------------------------

And a menu table:
------------------------------
ID
Title
Url
Css
Number <-- order in the sub-menu.
Mainmenu_id <-- linkage to the mainmenu table...
modulid

Does this sound like a bad idea? Should I reconsider this, maybe putting
everything in one big happy table?
How do you think this would be on a server client serving 1000 pages a
second....?

Any thoughts or urls or whatever would be greatly appreciated. :)

Sincerely yours : Trond E. Hundal

And, btw: I am very sorry for the spam post about the virus... Hehe...
Very sorry indeed.