Hello all,

I am creating a finance manager in php and mysql for my own accounting
purposes (and to broaden my skills in php and sql) and I have a couple
of pages where I view statistics on how much I spend, etc, and what
patterns are formed from my spending.

I have made a couple of pages with different statistics, and on one
specific page, I show how much I spend total each week... The following
query does that, but I want to display the start date and end date of
the week.

$sql = "SELECT YEARWEEK(purchaseDate,1) AS week,
                        CONCAT_WS(' ',MONTHNAME(purchaseDate),
YEAR(purchaseDate),'- Wk', WEEK(purchaseDate,1)) AS month,
                        SUM(itemPrice) AS total
                FROM tblCashflow
                WHERE userID_FK = ${user['userID']}
                AND Type = 'Expenditure'
                GROUP BY week";

OK, so the sql works, and the output on the page looks like something
below...

February 2002 - Wk 5    $49.70
February 2002 - Wk 7    $12.95
February 2002 - Wk 8    $53.29
February 2002 - Wk 9    $275.99
March 2002 - Wk 10      $78.95
March 2002 - Wk 11      $171.15
March 2002 - Wk 12      $82.85
March 2002 - Wk 13      $20.50
April 2002 - Wk 14      $55.15
April 2002 - Wk 15      $30.55
April 2002 - Wk 16      $104.20
April 2002 - Wk 17      $461.95
May 2002 - Wk 18        $152.75
May 2002 - Wk 19        $219.80
May 2002 - Wk 20        $133.55
May 2002 - Wk 21        $98.65

Now thats all well and good, but I want to make it display something
like the following:

February 1 - 7 2002     $49.70
February 8 - 15 2002    $12.95
February 16 - 23 2002 $53.29

etc etc etc

Does anyone have any idea on how this could be achieved? I looked at the
mySQL time and Date functions, but I couldn't find out how to do it with
that, and I think doing the work in PHP might be the answer.... Also,
currently the SQL statement only shows the weeks where I have spent
money, so if I don't spend anything in that week, it won't show up at
all, although I would like it to say "January 12 - 19 2002 $0" or
something like that.

Below is my table schema for the above query

Adam

CREATE TABLE tblCashflow (
   ID bigint(20) NOT NULL auto_increment,
   purchaseDate date default NULL,
   categoryID_FK tinyint(4) default NULL,
   itemName text,
   itemPrice float default '0',
   isEssential tinyint(4) default '0',
   paymentTypeID_FK tinyint(4) default '1',
   receiverID_FK tinyint(4) default NULL,
   itemDesc text,
   Type text,
   userID_FK int(11) default NULL,