Hello,

We're trying to use session variables to store a user's database login
information.  I am wondering how to automatically delete the old "sess_..."
files from the /tmp directory which are used by PHP to store session
variables.  Is there a way to set PHP to do this?  I've tried setting the
"session.gc_maxlifetime" in the php.ini to a lower number, but had no luck.

I suppose a last resort is a script that runs in cron to delete the old
files.

Our environment is:  Solaris 7, PHP 4.1.2, Apache 1.3.22.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

Tim Haak