for mssql(for Unix and linux) you need to install the sybase
libraries(freetds) and configure --with-sybase=/path/to/sybase  so i the
MAC you must have to do something similar, but i have no idea what.

Hope this helps.

                    Hohimer"             To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    <cjhohim@sandi       cc:
          >               Subject:     [PHP-DB] help with mssql
                    01:35 PM

i am using Mac Os X to run PHP and connect to several databases.
I compiled PHP4.1.2 from source
i added the extensions --with-apxs and --with-mysql

I interact with a mysql database on localhost(me) but i also
need the page to interact with a mssql 2000 server elsewhere
on site. When i code

mssql_connect($host, $username, $password);

it says "undefined function mssql_connect()"
At first I thought i was because i didn't load a mssql extension
when i compiled it but that is not the case since i can't find one
in the --help.

Any advice??

Chris Hohimer
Sandia National Laboratories