From: "César Aracena" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'PHP DB List'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "PHP General List"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 12:06 AM
Subject: [PHP-DB] Querying for MAX

I'm sorry if this mensaje is posted twice. I sent it yesterdays, but
then my ISP had problems with e-mail and I lost dozens of them and don't
know if sent OK.

Hi all,

What I'm trying to do here is not inside PHP nor MySQL books I have. I
need to query the DB to look the max result in a column. That is, if I
have affiliate members with ID going from 1 to 10, get the query to know
that the last member added was 10 so I can add member 11 without using
auto_increment, because I need to insert old members too which already
have ID numbers. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance,

Cesar Aracena <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CE / MCSE+I
Neuquen, Argentina
+54.299.6356688
+54.299.4466621