I have never actually tried to program against something which talks to
multiple DB's, the quickest way would be in your DB connection code to
have something that will either:

A. Try the first DB and connect to the second if it's down.
B. Randomly choose a SQL server.

The most "fluid" solution I could think of would be an application
gateway of some sort which will load balance properly to different IP's
while in your code you only point to one.

Adam Voigt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]