From: Andy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, 21 June 2002 4:22 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DB] Re: Converting values from text to numerical

yes you can switch the type of var for examle with:

$number = (integer)$textvar;

But if you do store it as a textfield you want be able to do some special
sql stuff directly in mysql.

For example if you store the date as text in the db you want be able to
filter out entries which are between x and y.

Good luck,

Andy

http://www.globosapiens.net
Global Travellers Network!