I am not sure of the decrypting procedure for password(), but if your
admin needs to view the passwords for the purpose of changing or
notifying forgotten passwords to the custormer you could use this approach:

        Generate a random password (numbers and letters) that is emailed to the
user.  The user then logs on with their USERNAME and the new password.
Of course, the user then should be influenced to change the generated
password to something of their choice.

        This works well in that you can increase your security by letting the
user know that 'nobody' will know their password, thus limiting access
to the users account/session to them alone.

        If this isn't the case that you are dealing with, then I am just babbling
away... hope it helps ;)