HI

If you are using MySql look at ENCODE() on mysql.com

http://www.mysql.com/doc/M/i/Miscellaneous_functions.html

Most databases support some sort of encryption. Encrypting by php is
probably more secure - somebody might be able to sniff data going to the
database if it still plain text, but that is a small risk IMHO, and getting
the database to do it is easy .

HTH

Peter

Excellence in internet and open source software
Sunmaia
www.sunmaia.net
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel. 0121-242-1473