Following up.  I found sybase_fetch_field, which fetches field information,
including the column name, into an object.

So now my question is, what is an object?  And how would I go about getting
the information I need out of it?

Thanks.

--
Casey Allen Shobe / Network Security Analyst & PHP Developer
SecureWorks, Inc. / 404.327.6339 x169 / Fax: 404.728.0144