this isn't so much a problem with people using the back button or whatever,
but if you set all your pages not to cache

header("Expires: 0");
header("Cache-Control: no-cache");

will do that, then also require a cookie once they are logged in. during the
logout process (and have the cookie expire in 10 minutes or something) you
kill the cookie/session then if someone tries to access the secured pages,
they don't have a cookie and are denied access.