From: George Pitcher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2002 2:52 PM
To: PHP DB Mailing List (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] SQL prob (DATE_FORMAT)

Russ,

I'm a bit of a novice, but I would have thought that the DATE_FORMAT
function would only work if the field had been defined as a DATE field
type.

If you are storing the date as an integer eg: 20020705 (today), why not
format your current date as a variable based on the same method? That
should
produce the same results. You only need to format the output but you can
do
that with PHP.

HTH

George