One big question.. Do you have a compelling reason, or company policy to
use PDF? Why not just display your data in a html table grid. Sounds
like what you are trying to do will work find here. It's faster, simple,
  and avoids another level of overhead (complexity).
Just wondering ... and hope this helps in some way.

Have a great day... Dan