I would try to convince the admin that a DB like MYSql (which is
actually part of the standard install under Redhat now) is much more
secure than storing data in text files !!

At 11:02 AM +0200 15/7/02, Tomator wrote:
>I'm to have database, but server's administrator refuses to install MySQL
>nor PHP MySQL support :( He told me he won't install it and I should use
>textfiles if I want to have database. I don't want to write engine to
>textfiles, so...
>Can You point where can I find PHP code which realize basic database
>functions without installing any not standard functions nor modules on
>unix/linux server?
"Minds are like parachutes, they work best when open"
Support free speech; visit http://www.efa.org.au/

Heads Together Systems Pty Ltd http://www.hts.com.au
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Tel: 612 9982 6767     Fax: 612 9981 3081