Pierre-Alain Joye wrote:

>On Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:06:11 +0200
>Ulf Wendel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>are there some DAO pattern implementations available for PHP to query
>>MySQL, Postgres and/or DB2? Which one do you preferr?
>>

>What mean DAO ? It can be confused (dao, ado, ...).

:)

Yes, I asked a very unspecific question to get as much response as
possible. If you really need more input take this google'd link as a
definition:

http://www.iplanet.ne.jp/developers/ias-samples/jps1.1.1/docs/patterns/DAO.html

I'm belive you know the term DAO very well, don't you? I guess it's the
very short and open question which made you asking for more details.
However, I don't want to restrict the answers I could get using a more
detailed question. I'm very much intrested in getting a large list of
(tested) implementations to find out what other PHP guys call a DAO
pattern implementation.

>Did you try PEAR::DB_DataObject from Alan ? if that match the DAO definition you
>wrote ;)

No, did you? It matches perfectly my intention. You, an an experienced
PHP programmer, pointed me to it. And yes, I knew about it but never
tried to work with it. Any more suggestions?

Ulf

--
WWE e-commerce IT GmbH, http://wwe.biz
Eiffestrasse 462, D-20537 Hamburg