I think the other replies to this are missing the point.

You want to search a text field for the word Wash, and want to put the space in so you
can search with the space, eliminating words which begin with wash. But then, if you
think about it, that means you'd have to search for commas, and full stops. I don't
think this is such a good way to do it. Try using regular expressions. I have never
used regex on a db before, but I have seen a few people mention it. Have a go and if
you find a solution, post it.

Adam