I have this script which is giving me a couple of problems -
1 - I cannot use include "../connect.inc", I get headers already sent error
2 - I can use this script once, but if I try to reload the page to continue
testing I get error "Unable to execute query". Clearing the browsers cache
does not help.

Any ideas what's going on here?

<?
$auth = false; // Assume user is not authenticated
if (isset( $PHP_AUTH_USER ) && isset($PHP_AUTH_PW)) {

     //Connect to MySQL
    mysql_connect( 'localhost', 'autopilots', 'Xfm3dwj' )
        or die ( 'Unable to connect to server.' );
    //Select database on MySQL server
    mysql_select_db( 'www2_simradusa_com' )
        or die ( 'Unable to select database.' );

    // Formulate the query
    $sql = "SELECT * FROM user WHERE
            userid = '$PHP_AUTH_USER' AND
            userpassword = '$PHP_AUTH_PW'";
    // Execute the query and put results in $result
    $result = mysql_query( $sql );
    if ( $result != false )
     { echo mysql_error(); }
     // Get number of rows in $result.
    $num = mysql_numrows( $result );
    if ( $num != 0 ) {
        // A matching row was found - the user is authenticated.
        $auth = true;
    }
}
if ( ! $auth ) {
    header( 'WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="Private"' );
    header( 'HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized' );
    echo 'Authorization Required.';
    exit;
} else {
    header( 'Location:
http://www.simradusa.com/auth_dealers/dealers_page.php' );
}
?>

--
Chip Wiegand
Computer Services

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
     --Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment
Corporation, 1977
 (They why do I have 9? Somebody help me!)