My Linux box is setup with Sybase ASE 11.9.2-3 (same for the common
files) and the openclient is 11.1.1-3. The server I'm connecting to is
running phpinfo shows sybase_ct support. PHP version is

I'm getting intermittent connection failures on various queries. Maybe
1 out of 6 times there will be a failure. Here's the error message:

ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib
protocol driver call to write data failed

Any idea what this means and what steps I can take to fix it? I'd hate
to release an application that will have a 1 in 5 chance of failing any
query. The machine connecting to the Sybase server is behind a
firewall but I've opened port 2500. Maybe another port needs to be

Any suggestions would be appreciated.