On Sat, 2002-08-17 at 21:25, Jason Wong wrote:
> You have to check them before inserting.
>
>   if ($value !== "") {
>     insert_value();
>   }
>
> --
> Jason Wong -> Gremlins Associates -> www.gremlins.com.hk

Okay, so I tried this -

    if ($date_am || $exercise_am || $reps_am !== "")
        {
  $sql_am = "insert into absmachine (today,exercise,reps,comments)
values ('$date_am','$exercise_am','$reps_am','$comments_am')";
  mysql_query($sql_am) or die ("Error in this query >>$sql<< : "
.mysql_error());
        }

and this -

  $sql_am = "insert into absmachine (today,exercise,reps,comments)
values ('$date_am','$exercise_am','$reps_am','$comments_am')";
    if ($date_am || $exercise_am || $reps_am !== "")
        {
  mysql_query($sql_am) or die ("Error in this query >>$sql<< : "
.mysql_error());
        }

But I still get empty rows inserted into the tables.

--
Chip