Good afternoon!

Quick performance question - I'm currently preparing the release of a new
website running on a Linux box written in PHP and MySQL with sessions

I've read a bit about changing the PHP session handler to use a database vs.
the flat file method.

Does anyone have experience doing this?  Are there noticeable benefits of
making this change?  I realize that my /tmp folder will become quite
cluttered with session files, but hey - it's tmp so who cares!  :)  My
concern comes in with overall performance of the server - if one method is
better than the other.

Thanks for your feedback!

PHP Database Mailing List (
To unsubscribe, visit: