Hi,

why don't you try to put your variables in an array and POST that array to
<PHP_SELF> or POST the variables from results.php as "HIDDEN" to herself?
In case of the array solution, would it be possible for you to "arrange" the
order in the array and just "read" each time the array in the "new sorted"
order?

Damokles.

"Achilleas Maroulis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
000801c24e87$1ac05900$cfffb482@achilles">news:000801c24e87$1ac05900$cfffb482@achilles...
Hi.
I have a little problem concerning passing variables or reloading the page.

I have a search fom page (search.php) which POSTS some variables to another
page displaying the results (results.php). What I want to do is to let the
users change the order of appearance in the last page. I thought I should
use a variable named $order and put it into the select string like this:

SELECT fields... FROM tables... WHERE expresions ORDER BY $order ASC

and then make a link of the header of each column like this:

This would force the page to reload with a new order of appearance of the
results but if I do this I will lose all the other variables that came to
this page by the previous form.
I wonder if there is a better  way to refresh the page, without losing my
variables, than using sessions or by sending again all my variables through
the url (it would become too big and ugly...)

With a great respect to this list (it has helped me alot in the past),
Achilles