Hello,

I am designing a web application wherein several queries are very long to
perform (like 5 or 10 minutes) ; therefore it is crucial that I be able to
cache them; I am planning to recompute these queries in a nighttime batch
process (meaning I may have to use version 4.0 in production...)

My question:

I make extensive use of CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE t SELECT ..., where the heavy
query is the "SELECT ...", which is cached

I would like to be sure that the query starting by "SELECT" is retrieved
from the cache, even though it occurs inside a CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE t
statement?

Thanks for your help.

Ignatius