What are you trying to do? Don't you want the value in the <option>
part...not in a hidden field?

<option value="whatever">Display This</option>

Then "whatever" will be passed as the value of the $select box. Are you
trying to do something else?

If so, create your <input type="hidden" string instead of echoing it out
within the loop.

$hidden .= "<input type='hidden' ...

Then echo out $hidden _after_ </select>

---John Holmes...