In article <016101c2656c$a8a84ab0$0300000a@petergoggin>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
> I dont know if this is the right list.
> I have installed the php-mysql package and can now connect to the database.
> There is however  error which I do not undertand.
>
> Warning: No MySQL-Link resource supplied in
> /usr/local/www/vantweststamps/databaselogin.php on line 15
> Connected successfully
> ,Line 15 is
> mysql_close();

mysql_close needs to be given the result identifier of the connection you
want to close, as

mysql_close($result1);

> If I then go on top use a page which requires the database connection I get:
> Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in
> /usr/local/www/vantweststamps/stampconditionlist.php on line 39
> Line 39 is:
> if ($row= mysql_fetch_array($result))

This is an indication that your sql query failed, probably because of
malformed sql. Try using mysql_error() after the call asking the query;
you may also need to echo your actual query to see where the problem lies.

> These pages all work without error on my win98 machine with apache, mysql
> and php.
>
> Is there any documentation which lists all of these error conditions and
> suggests ways of solving them?

I think the second is included in the FAQ page at php.net. The first error
does indicate that something is missing, and a look at the manual will
show that the particular function does expect an argument.

Cheers

--
David Robley
Temporary Kiwi!