on 10/1/02 7:50 PM, Russell Griechen at [EMAIL PROTECTED] appended the
following bits to my mbox:

> I was looking at PhpHoo 'yahoo-like directory'
> What is the  \p\g appended to the code mean?
> I was thinking about using this...just don't understand how to implement the
> appendages.

You don't necessarily have to.  Basically, those are command line
instructions to MySQL to print the statement and execute it, respectively.

They probably work from the file like that just fine.  Just type them
normally.  Typically, most people use a semicolon (;) instead of \g to send
commands because it's 50% less typing.  :)

For example:

mysql> select NOW() \p\g
--------------
select NOW()
--------------

+---------------------+
| NOW()               |
+---------------------+
| 2002-10-01 21:40:29 |
+---------------------+
1 row in set (0.29 sec)

For other MySQL commands, type a question mark or \h at the MySQL command
prompt.

mysql> ?

Hope that helps.

Sincerely,