this may be dumb but I for the smtp setting, I simply put in what every is
under smtp when I open up the info in outlook...do I need to put it in
quotes or anything?
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:Jeffrey_N_Dyke@;Keane.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 2:31 PM
To: Edward Peloke
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] mail()

did you restart apache?

                    epeloke@echoma
                    n.com (Edward        To:     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    Peloke)              cc:
                                         Subject:     [PHP-DB] mail()
                    10/31/2002
                    02:53 PM

I know this is off topic to the db list but..

I am attempting to use the mail function.  I have set the smtp in the
php.ini file to my smtp server but when I run the script, I get the error
Warning: Failed to Connect in c:\program files\apache
group\apache\htdocs\lg\nuser2.php on line 50 where line 50 is where the
mail
function is called.  Why is it still pointing to my localhost?  I am
running
it through apache and Win98.

Thanks,
Eddie