check out the nl2br() function!!

good luck

-----Original Message-----
From: Siamak Sadeghianfar [mailto:siamak116@;hotmail.com]
Sent: vrijdag 8 november 2002 15:31
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DB] textarea!!

Hi
I've written a guestbook in php
user writes a message in a texarea and in the code I insert it in a table
and then in showpage I sow it to him.before I insert the message into table
, I use addslashes() and htmlspecialchars(). the prblem is that , when I
retrieve the message from the table all sentences are after each other , and

there's no break!!!! that makes a bad appearance.
I mean for example someone write in the texarea as following :
--
Hi
how r u?

when I show the message to him the appearance is this way :
--
Hi how r u? what happened there?!
--

what should I do to show him exactly how he wrote the message?

thanx