I am attempting to create a form of system names that is populated
from a database query.  The database query is working fine, and the form
population is actually working fine also.  The question I have is about
organizing the variables that result from the form.  I want to use the
system name as the variable name but I am having trouble figuring out how to
do this.  Below is what I currently have working:

<form name="form1" method="post" action="">
  <?php do {
    $sys = $system['Name'];
    if ($cnt == 1) {
        $cnt = 2;
        echo "<tr>"; ?>
      <?php echo $sys; ?></td>

        I would like to be able to access this variable "$sys" from the HTML
code.  Is this possible?  I am thinking something like this, but it doesn't
appear to work:

<form name="form1" method="post" action="">
  <?php do {
    $sys = $system['Name'];
    if ($cnt == 1) {
        $cnt = 2;