use the php function substr to chop off what you don't need, since all the
dates can come from mysql as yyyy-mm-dd or however, just use substr($mydate,
0, 10) or however far out, that truncates the actual $mydate.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:epeloke@;echoman.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 3:27 PM
To: Php-Db
Subject: [PHP-DB] date()

I have a date field in my mysql db, when I output the data to the screen, I
don't want to see the minutes, just the mmddyy.  I can format a date but
can't seem to get it to work passing in the value from
$myrow["datefield"]....any ideas?  I don't want to have to worry about just
pulling what I want in the select clause, I just want to format it when I
diplay it.

Thanks,
Eddie