On Thursday 14 November 2002 05:27, Edward Peloke wrote:
> I have a date field in my mysql db, when I output the data to the screen, I
> don't want to see the minutes, just the mmddyy.

DATE fields in MySQL don't have the time (h:m:s).

> I can format a date but
> can't seem to get it to work passing in the value from
> $myrow["datefield"]....any ideas?  I don't want to have to worry about just
> pulling what I want in the select clause, I just want to format it when I
> diplay it.

If you're pulling the dates from the db and just using it purely for display
then you may as well use DATE_FORMAT() on them in your query:

  ..., DATE_FORMAT(...) AS datefield, ...

where datefield is the name of your column holding the date.

If you're doing calculations on your dates in your PHP code then you should
convert them using UNIX_TIMESTAMP() in your query.

/*
Only through hard work and perseverance can one truly suffer.
*/