You can let PHP create all the update Statements into
a while loop. Or is that wat you don't want to do?

Chip Wiegand wrote:
I have a database with several hundred entries of file names that end with
.pdf. I have converted
all those docs to .zip, now I need to change all the entries in the
database to .zip. I tried to use
update table_name set col_name='' where col_name like '%.pdf' && id
= '11'
but of course that changed the file name for id 11 to Is there a way
to change all the
entries from .pdf to .zip without writing an update statement for each
individual row?

Chip Wiegand
Computer Services
Simrad, Inc

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
     --Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment
Corporation, 1977
 (They why do I have 8? Somebody help me!)

PHP Database Mailing List (
To unsubscribe, visit: