I'm not clear on what you're considering the 'main links'.

You can use the linkid value to match the header in the Links table to
the childid in the subLinks table.

SELECT Links.header, subLinks.childid FROM Links, subLinks WHERE
Links.linkid = subLinks.linkid;

This should return values like this:

-------------------------
| header      |  childid|
|  yahoo.com  |     2   |
|  php.net    |     5   |
|  sai.org    |     3   |

You could narrow down the results returned by adding WHERE
subLinks.childid = $value in your query.

Hope this helps!

Shannon Johnston