I just wrote a script that goes through a database and does a lot of
stuff to the data, it takes about 30 seconds to a minute to run through
everything, so I thought it would be nice to show a progress indicator
of some sort. What I have at this point, is that after every record is
processed, I put in an:

echo ".";

command. I just noticed though, that nothing will get sent to the
browser until the script is finished, so it's worthless to output the
periods. Is there a way to get the browser to display partial data
before it's done downloading the page (or before the script execution is
done in this case..)?

I'm not doing any output buffering, or sending headers or anything at
this point, just SQL commands and echo output.

Oh, I'm running php 4.2.2

Thanks!

--
Raincross Technologies