At 12:27 AM 1/8/03 -0800, Shantu Roy wrote:

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /usr/www/htdocs/test.php on line 2
Could not connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

It is not a passwd or server running issue and the mysql server is running local to the web server. I can use a mysql client to connect to the server just fine. Any ideas?
I bet you don't have a mysql.sock file in /tmp/. There will be one on your system somewhere. Run the MySQL client and execute the status command \s to find the proper location. Then edit your php.ini file. Find the setting for mysql.default_socket and set it to the proper location. You must restart Apache for php.ini changes to take effect.

Rick